BOISE, Idaho — Albertsons Cos. today announced investments in technology, vaccine inventory and patient services to increase immunization access and personalized care at more than 1,700 pharmacy locations.
Pharmacy teams across banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets and Pavilions are administering vaccines, as well as the FDA- and CDC-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna bivalent COVID-19 boosters.
“Our pharmacy teams are partners in community health, and preparations for this year’s cold and flu season underscore an unwavering commitment to our customers’ well-being,” says Omer Gajial, chief digital officer and executive vice president of health at Albertsons. “We know vaccines are one of the best ways to keep families healthy this winter, and these enhancements are designed to make it easy for everyone to receive the right vaccinations in a single appointment.”
Pharmacy enhancements and incentives include:
One stop for vaccinations:
- Flu season: The quadrivalent flu vaccine, Flublok and Fluzone HD are available. The flu shot is free with most insurance providers.
- COVID-19 bivalent vaccines: The reformulated boosters from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech target both the original virus and omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5. The vaccines, along with antigen tests, are available at no cost based on eligibility.
- COVID-19 therapeutic: Select pharmacies are administering Evusheld, a long-acting monoclonal antibody combination authorized for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 for certain high-risk individuals.
- Appointments: Customers can now book appointments for up to five immunizations together using the company’s online scheduler, available on the grocer’s app or website. The scheduler is also able to sort and recommend vaccines that are relevant by age.
- Scheduler: Appointments can be scheduled on the grocer’s app or website: Pharmacy Scheduler (albertsons.com).
Access to care seven days a week:
- Walk-ins welcome: Most Albertsons Cos.’ pharmacies offer convenient evening and weekend hours and will be staffed to accommodate short wait times and “walk-in” appointments.
- Free consultations: Pharmacists are available to discuss clinical-related questions to assist customers in making informed healthcare decisions and will offer consultations on vaccination history and recommend co-administrations to bring key immunizations up to date.
- Drive-up clinics: Vaccines may be administered from the comfort and convenience of patient’s cars at participating locations.
Mobile vaccine clinics:
Albertsons Cos. pharmacists are available to set up and staff vaccine clinics at schools, nursing homes, companies and other organizations to help ensure students, residents and employees have access to these immunizations.
For every immunization received at an Albertsons Cos.’ pharmacy, recipients will receive a coupon eligible for 10 percent off their next grocery purchase up to $200, and access to a free digital vaccine record.