VAUGHAN, Ontario — Bausch + Lomb Corp. has introduced Project Watson, a line of health care products for dogs in the United States. The products are specifically formulated to help support dogs’ eyes, ears and overall health.
“For nearly two centuries, Bausch + Lomb has been associated with many of the most significant advances in eye health. Building on our eye care expertise and history in surgical solutions for veterinarians, we created Project Watson to help address the unmet health care needs of dogs,” said Joe Gordon, president of global consumer surgical and vision care for Bausch + Lomb. “Developed in collaboration with veterinarians, Project Watson focuses on dogs’ eyes and ears — important areas that are often overlooked in the health of our beloved four-legged family members. Project Watson products will begin rolling out online in certain retailers beginning next month.”
The full line of Project Watson products are:
- Project Watson eye wash for dogs – a gentle, pH-balanced multi-purpose solution formulated to help cleanse irritants and debris from dogs’ eyes.
- Project Watson eyelid wipes for dogs – gentle, pH-balanced, pre-moistened textured wipes with micellar technology that cleanses and hydrates around the eyes to help remove excess buildup.
- Project Watson ear wash for dogs – a gentle, pH-balanced cleansing solution formulated to help support cleaning and care to help keep ears healthy.
- Project Watson ear wipes for dogs – gentle, pH-balanced pre-moistened textured wipes formulated to help support ear cleaning and care.
- Project Watson eye health supplement for dogs + tear stain support – a daily chewable supplement with seven active ingredients to help promote eye health and help reduce tear stains in dogs, from the inside out.
- Project Watson eye + multi-health supplement – a daily chewable formulated with nine active ingredients to help support key areas of a dog’s health: eyes, joints, skin, heart and immune system.
“Grooming care for dogs often includes nail trims and haircuts, but regular eye and ear maintenance is also necessary. Without regular eye and ear cleaning, there is the potential for skin irritation and infections among other issues,” said Danielle Rutherford, VMD, Westside Veterinary Center in New York. “I look forward to having access to this new dedicated line of products for dogs and their pet owners.”
Project Watson products are manufactured and packaged in recyclable containers at U.S. Food and Drug Administration-registered facilities in the United States using U.S. and imported ingredients. The eye wash and two supplements will be available online starting in November 2022 at Chewy, Walmart, PetSmart and Amazon. The remaining three products will be available by the end of the year.