Dollar General’s 2020 Supplier and Diversity Innovation Summit is set for September 16.
“We are excited to host our 2020 Supplier and Diversity Innovation Summit and engage with potential new vendors as part of Dollar General’s continual efforts to provide relevant products to our customers,” said Jason Reiser, Dollar General’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. “We are grateful for the continued partnership with Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing (ECRM) to support these ongoing efforts, and we look forward to learning about how new businesses and products can best serve our customers.”
Dollar General said it is using the summit to add new products for its beauty, personal care, over-the-counter wellness, general merchandise and grocery aisles.
In order to participate, suppliers must hold a diversity certification from the following categories:
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE).
- Women Owned Small Business (WOSB).
- Ethnic Minority Owned – NMSDC Certified.
- State Certified Minority Owned.
- Veteran Owned – NaVOBA.
- Service-Disabled Veteran Owned – VA Confirmed.
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE).
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise – Government Certified.
- Small Disadvantaged Business – Government Certified.
- Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual or Transgender Owned – NGLCC.
- Small Business Certified – SBA(8)A.
“Respecting the dignity and differences of others is a core value and cultural cornerstone of Dollar General, and this year’s Supplier and Diversity Innovation Summit reflects our ongoing efforts to offer the right products for each unique customer and community we serve,” said Johné Battle, Dollar General’s vice president of diversity and inclusion. “We are proud to serve a diverse consumer base throughout the communities we call home and look forward to the opportunity to find more relevant products to meet their needs.”
To apply, interested suppliers, companies and manufacturers may submit their product information at www.rangeme.comt/dgsupplierdiversity no later than August 7.