CARLISLE, Pa. — GIANT Food Stores celebrated the grand opening of stores in Quarryville and Columbia, Pa., on Friday. The stores are two of three former Musser’s Markets stores in central Pennsylvania that GIANT agreed to acquire in August. All have been converted to the GIANT banner. (Another, in Lebanon, Pa., opened on November 1.) Both of the new stores operate 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week and each employ approximately 100 full and part time team members.
“GIANT is committed to making life easier for our customers, focusing on easy, fresh meal ideas to help busy families put good food on the table,” said Erin Arnold, Columbia GIANT store manager. “Bringing another convenient location to the Lancaster County community also helps us to better serve our customers with expanded product variety and new offerings for a one-stop shopping experience.”
Both stores feature GIANT’S signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, including:
- Farm fresh produce. The store carries more than 350 fresh produce items including a organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits, and a full salad bar.
- Fresh meat and seafood. The expanded product assortment includes USDA Prime and Nature’s Promise meats, fresh fish, and a variety of local offerings including Musser’s pork sausages.
- Full-service deli. Offerings include a fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared foods and grab and go meals and Musser’s signature chicken salad.
- Full-service bakery, including signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other dessert favorites including Musser’s bakery cookies.
- Entertaining by GIANT. The retailer’s catering service can provide appetizers, entrees and desserts, which are all available with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com.
Customers at the grand opening were encouraged to enroll in the GIANT Choice Rewards loyalty program that was introduced in October.
GIANT celebrated the grand openings of the new stores by making $1,000 donations to each of the following local community groups: the Columbia Borough School District, the Columbia Food Bank, the Mountville Fire Department, the Solanco Food Bank, the Solanco School District and the Quarryville Borough Fire Department. Following the ribbon cuttings, the retailer also offered special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment and giveaways throughout the weekend.