“GreenWise Market is a place to find great food in a relaxed environment,” Publix president Kevin Murphy said of the format. “It’s a place where customers can connect with other food lovers, explore exciting new flavors and find unique products that support their individual needs.”
GreenWise Market features natural and organic items for foodies and health-conscious shoppers. Customers will find a prepared foods area with stations for gourmet pizzas, burrito bowls and wraps made with organic meats and cheeses, as well as vegan options. In addition, the store offers several in-house made specialties, including organic smoked meats, organic sausages and gourmet popcorn. The stores are divided into different experience zones, including:
- CARES — Vitamins, nutritional supplements, natural soaps and shampoos.
- CUTS — Meats raised with no antibiotics or added hormones and sustainably-sourced seafood.
- EATS — Made to order meals and grab and go foods like handcrafted gourmet sandwiches and pasta bowls.
- FINDS — A curated selection of wines and imported cheeses.
- POURS — A beverage area with offerings that include locally roasted coffee, wine and beer on tap.
Besides showcasing unique local products, each GreenWise Market features a mural created by a local artist. The Nocatee GreenWise Market is home to a still-life by Shawn Meharg. This painting shows ingredients and kitchen tools on a counter, as if a chef has paused in the middle of preparing a meal.
The Nocatee (Ponte Vedra) store is the first GreenWise Market in the north Florida region, and the fifth in the state. The 25,147-square-foot location’s debut came on the heels of the first GreenWise Market store in Georgia, as well as one in Odessa, Fla. The GreenWise Market banner now totals nine stores.