WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Hy-Vee Inc. has taken another big step into the health care arena with the creation of a pharmacy benefits management subsidiary, Vivid Clear Rx.
In an unrelated move, the company has unveiled a premium membership program for customers, Hy-Vee Plus, which offers additional savings and exclusive services and benefits, both in-store and online, for an annual fee of $99.
The PBM is intended to offer affordable pharmacy benefits management services to Hy-Vee’s 88,000-plus employees as well as to other employers looking to optimize their employee benefits spending.
“Health care spending continues to be a leading concern for employers across the country, and every business wants to make sure they are providing the best benefits for their employees at the best value,” says Randy Edeker, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Hy-Vee. “With the launch of Vivid Clear Rx, we’re leveraging our experience in the pharmacy industry and the expertise we’ve gained from serving millions of pharmacy patients to help other employers make the most of every health care dollar they’re investing in their employees.”
Vivid Clear Rx offers a full range of flexible PBM services that are based on RxAgile enterprise technology from RxSense, which is providing a full-service suite of modules for pharmacy benefits management that supplement assets Hy-Vee already owns and operates. For example, RxSense’s analytics product RxIQ will provide Vivid Clear Rx with real-time health plan performance insights through customizable dashboards; the ability to quickly evaluate data by claim type, pharmacy or geography; and financial, operational and clinical action alerts.
“We are very excited to offer services in partnership with RxSense, as we know their data platform will help businesses, including Hy-Vee, make even better decisions when it comes to employee benefits and pharmacy spending,” says Mike D’Agostino, Hy-Vee’s senior vice president for pharmacy business development and president of Vivid Clear Rx.
Meanwhile, the Hy-Vee Plus membership program builds on and enhances Hy-Vee’s existing Aisles Online membership program, which offers customers free grocery delivery for an annual fee of $99. Members of the Aisles Online program will be upgraded automatically to the Hy-Vee Plus premium program.
Hy-Vee Plus premium benefits include:
• Additional fuel savings. Members who use their Fuel Saver + Perks cards to pay can earn an additional 3-cent Fuel Saver reward on every in-store or Hy-Vee Aisles Online purchase, in addition to any Fuel Saver rewards that can be earned currently.
• Free Aisles Online delivery. Plus members can get free unlimited standard grocery delivery on their Aisles Online orders, where available, saving them $9.95 per order.
• Free two-hour express pickup. Plus members receive free, unlimited two-hour express grocery pickup on their Aisles Online orders, another savings of $9.95 per order.
• Red Line access/concierge service. Members have exclusive access to Red Line, a designated telephone number for Plus members only, staffed by Hy-Vee experts and personal shoppers.
• Exclusive monthly deals and offers. As an example, Plus members in December will receive 20% discounts on DSW footwear, Joe Fresh apparel and in-store floral purchases, among others. In addition, members will receive one free select item every month.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login