SAN DIEGO – Petco Health and Wellness Co., a complete partner in pet health and wellness, will host its first-ever Sustainability Vendor Summit on Sept. 22, 2021 as part of the company’s public commitment to increase its assortment of sustainable pet products to 50% by the end of 2025.
The event, hosted in partnership with ECRM and RangeMe, will connect suppliers of sustainable pet products directly with Petco’s merchandising team.
Manufacturers of pet products that align with at least one of the following five Petco sustainability pillars are encouraged to attend:
- Responsible manufacturing – brands and products that use responsible manufacturing practices during production
- Sustainably sourced materials – products made with materials like organic cotton or recycled nylon
- Sustainably sourced ingredients – food and treats made with ingredients that are more environmentally friendly or emit fewer greenhouse gases
- Responsible packaging – packaging designed to be refilled with the same type of product or for multiple uses
- Animal welfare – ensure animals are treated humanely and products meet Petco’s cruelty-free standard
“We look forward to hosting vendors that share our commitment to preserving the health and wellness of pets, people and the planet we share,” said Petco chief merchandising officer Nick Konat. “As a health and wellness company, we’re acutely aware of our collective impact on our planet’s natural resources, and committed to actively driving positive change within our business and industry. Petco’s Sustainability Vendor Summit will help us accelerate efforts to increase our assortment of sustainable products in close partnership with brands and manufacturers who are also passionate about improving lives.”
To apply, suppliers can submit their product information to rangeme.com/petcosustainability by Aug. 11, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login