Natural supermarket format debuts in downtown location
LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix Super Markets Inc. opened its eighth GreenWise Market store Thursday on the ground floor of a building in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The 27,758-square-foot store is the first GreenWise Market to be located in a multi-use high-rise, the company said.
“We took all of the things our customers love about GreenWise Market and put them in a centralized downtown location,” Publix president Kevin Murphy said. “We look forward to sharing our unique atmosphere and products with our customers who live and work in this busy urban neighborhood.”
Located in the Main Las Olas building on Southeast Third Avenue, the latest addition to the GreenWise Market chain promises natural and organic food offerings geared for health-conscious consumers and gourmet foodies alike. The store curated assortment is organized into “experience zones” with simple names like:
- CARES — vitamins, nutritional supplements, natural soaps and shampoos;
- CUTS — meats raised with no antibiotics or added hormones, and sustainably sourced seafood;
- EATS — made-to-order meals and grab & go foods like handcrafted gourmet sandwiches and freshly baked pizza;
- FINDS — a curated selection of wines and imported cheeses; and
- POURS — a beverage area featuring locally roasted coffee, wine and beer on tap.
The Fort Lauderdale GreenWise Market is a mural by Steven Teller depicting a variety of tropical plants common to South Florida. Teller has worked on various street art projects and large-scale public murals, most with vivid colors, large flowers, bright lines and geometric shapes.
This is the eighth GreenWise Market and the sixth in Florida.