Made with natural, certified organic and fair trade ingredients with a bond-building complex that enhances natural curl patterns, the company said the five-piece collection is formulated to extend the life of natural hair styles between washes. Ingredients include virgin coconut oil, which contains vitamin E and triglycerides to nourish and retain moisture, and creamy coconut milk custard, which contains conditioning fats to help hold the moisture in for longer.
“Our goal when creating this five-step system was to improve the sometimes daunting process of wash-and-go styles with an intensely nourishing formulas that works together synergistically to make your wash n’ go last longer. The collection blends coconut oil, coconut milk custard, plant peptides and pequi oil to help maintain length and definition for all textures and types,” said Nicola Chung, senior director of hair care innovation for Sundial Brands, the manufacturer of SheaMoisture.
The products in the collection are:
- Make It Last Wash N’ Go Shampoo ($11.99) – This sulfate-free shampoo gently cleanses and detangles.
- Make It Last Wash N’ Go Conditioner ($11.99) – This quick-absorbing, rich conditioner hydrates and softens while providing weight that textured hair needs in order to stretch curls.
- Make It Last Wash N’ Go Curl Primer ($13.99) – This gel cream helps to expedite safe detangling, provides enhanced definition of curls and elongates hair while preventing knotting.
- Make It Last Wash N’ Go Curl Definer Gel-Oil ($13.99) – This gel-oil minimizes frizz, maximizes definition and reduces drying time.
- Make It Last Wash N’ Go Curl Reviver Oil ($11.99) – This ultra-moisturizing oil refreshes curls, aids in eliminating shrinkage and seals in moisture to preserve styles.
The collection is made without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil or propylene glycol and available at CVS in January 2019.