BOISE, Idaho — Albertsons Cos. reported net sales and other revenue of $17.4 billion for the fourth quarter, up from $15.8 billion during the comparable 12-week period last year. The increase was driven by the company’s 7.5% increase in identical sales and higher fuel sales, with retail price inflation contributing to the identical sales increase.
Net income was $455.1 million or $0.79 per share during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021. That compares to a net loss of $144.2 million, or $0.37 per share, during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
Adjusted net income was $436.8 million, or $0.75 per share, during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021 compared to $347.2 million, or $0.60 per share, during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
For the full 2021 fiscal year, Albertsons Cos. reported that:
- Identical sales decreased 0.1%; on a two-year stacked basis identical sales growth was 16.8%
- Digital sales increased 5%; on a two-year stacked basis digital sales growth was 263%
- Net income of $1,620 million, or $2.70 per share
- Adjusted net income of $1,781 million, or $3.07 per share
- Adjusted EBITDA of $4,398 million
“We are pleased with our fourth quarter and full-year 2021 results and the continuing momentum we are seeing as we enter 2022,” Albertsons CEO Vivek Sankaran said. “Our strategy is working, and we are executing well against industry-wide pressures.”
Albertsons also provided its fiscal 2022 outlook, which calls for:
- Identical sales in fiscal 2022 of approximately 2% to 3%.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the range of $4.15 billion to $4.25 billion.
- Adjusted net income per share in the range of $2.70 to $2.85 per share,
- Effective tax rate in the range of 23% to 24% excluding discrete items.
- Capital expenditures in the range of $2.0 billion to $2.1 billion.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login