ECRM Europe will aim to bring the capabilities its parent company has honed in the United States to European retailers, suppliers and distributors.
“Innovation and creativity are increasingly being developed by emerging and mid-level suppliers that don’t readily have easy access to European retailers and distributors outside of their own countries,” said ECRM vice president of international Liz Lantz. “ECRM’s European sessions provide these suppliers with greater access to these buyers, and in turn, enable the buyers to find new and unique products that will help differentiate their businesses.”
ECRM has been hosting several EPPS sessions in Europe for the past several years, and already has a track record of connecting global suppliers with European buyers.
“ECRM’s sessions, with their private, dedicated face-to-face meetings, has helped us expand sales of our products to retailers in more than 50 countries,” said Allan Lever, the chief executive officer of Toronto-based beauty supplier Hollywood Alliance Canada/Look Beauty Products.
“Each session, with the large number of retail buyer meetings we have, is a huge time- and cost-savings for us versus setting them up ourselves, and I can think of no easier way to get greater exposure to global communities,” said Lever, Lever, who has been has been attending ECRM’s European beauty sessions for the past five years. “It sure beats standing in a booth all day hoping someone will stop by.”
ECRM has engaged Michael Wheeldon, an international business consultant, to help create its European Business and develop the ECRM Europe team of sales managers and account managers, each of whom speaks several languages and is familiar with the European retail markets. On the retail sales team, which is responsible for all retailers and distributors across Europe, are Linda Bijsterbosch (email@example.com), who serves as international retail director, and Mihaela Savu (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is retail development manager.
On the supplier sales team, which is responsible for building seller relationships and broadening seller participation at ECRM sessions, are international sales managers Una Bolger (email@example.com) and Julio Sismanoglu.
ECRM’s 2018 International sessions will include its existing food and health and beauty sessions, with a couple of new editions in the general merchandise category. The following sessions will be managed by the ECRM Europe Team:
- European Cosmetics, Fragrance and Bath EPPS; February 4-7, 2018 at the Marriott Budapest (Budapest, Hungary).
- European Skin, Personal, Hair and Sun Care EPPS; February 4-7, 2018 at the Marriott Budapest (Budapest, Hungary).
- European Premium Beauty Care EPPS; February 5-6, 2018 at the Marriott Budapest (Budapest, Hungary).
- European Dry Food, Snack and Confectionery EPPS; March 25-27, 2018 at the Hilton Berlin (Berlin, Germany).
- European Health, Nutrition and Wellness EPPS; September 30- October 2, 2018 (Location not yet announced).
- European Home and Garden EPPS; September 30-October 2, 2018 (Location not yet announced).