CARLISLE, Pa. — GIANT Food Stores recently celebrated the grand openings of supermarkets in Quarryville, Columbia and Lebanon, Pa.
The stores are former Musser’s Markets outlets in central Pennsylvania that GIANT agreed to acquire in August. All have been converted to the GIANT banner. The stores operate 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week, and each employs about 100 full- and part-time team members.
The new stores feature GIANT’S signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, including:
• Farm fresh produce. The stores carry more than 350 fresh produce items, including a organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits, and a full salad bar.
• Fresh meat and seafood. The expanded product assortment includes USDA Prime and Nature’s Promise meats, fresh fish and a variety of local offerings including Musser’s pork sausages.
• Full-service deli. Offerings include a fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared food, grab-and-go meals and Musser’s signature chicken salad.
• Full-service bakery. Offerings feature Signature cakes, artisan breads, fresh-made donuts and other dessert favorites, including Musser’s bakery cookies.
• Entertaining by GIANT. The retailer’s catering service can provide appetizers, entrees and desserts, which are all available with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com.
GIANT celebrated the grand openings by making $1,000 donations to each of the following local community groups: the Columbia Borough School District, the Columbia Food Bank, the Mountville Fire Department, the Solanco Food Bank, the Solanco School District, the Quarryville Borough Fire Department, the Cornwall Lebanon School District, Lebanon County Christian Ministries and the North Cornwall Township Police Department.