MINNEAPOLIS — FR!SKA, a health and wellness brand, is debuting nationwide 10 dietary supplements focused on improving gut health, a key component to overall health and well-being.
“FR!SKA was inspired by my personal desire to help others improve their health,” said FR!SKA founder John Peine. “After experiencing my own health scare I began researching enzymes and probiotic spores as a way to improve gut health. Having spent over a decade in the retail industry, I knew that the solution had to be easy and the product has to work.”
Prior to founding FR!SKA, Peine spent 15 years at Target Corp. as an executive in their merchandising ranks. “FR!SKA was born out of my own belief that good health is for everyone. Whether you are just starting your wellness journey or you are an accomplished wellness warrior, these innovative products will help you along the way.”
Friska also enlisted the help of Dr. Gregory Bernstein, a gastroenterologist, who said: “Now, more than ever, we are increasingly aware of the essential role of a healthy gut. This includes proper nutrition, a balance of good gut bacteria and optimal digestive enzyme function. Digestive health is key not only in feeling good but also to help prevent the development of various infections by boosting your body’s natural immunity. Additionally, a healthy gut helps prevent and manage a variety of medical conditions, ranging from diabetes to depression and so much more.”
The FR!SKA portfolio consists of 10 proprietary enzyme blends combined with potent probiotics that are condition-specific. These are:
• Immunity Boost to help break down food and support the body’s immune system.
• Mood Boost to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats while boosting mood, memory and sleep.
• Energy Boost to help break down and digest carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Purcaf organic caffeine, extracted from organic green coffee beans, is also included to promote good gut bacteria and digestive movement while stimulating memory and concentration.
• Nightly Reboot — to facilitate food breakdown and promote healthy digestion. Melatonin and chamomile — both known for their ability to improve sleep—are also included to encourage nighttime rest and relaxation.
• Dairy Ease — to help break down hard-to-digest sugars and proteins found in dairy.
• Carb Ease — to help break down complex carbohydrates.
• Keto Boost — to help break down and process food while boosting the body’s natural immune function. Aloe vera and amla extract — both known for their anti-inflammatory properties — are also included to help soothe symptoms associated with a ketogenic diet, like heartburn and constipation.
• Gluten Ease — to help break down hard-to-digest proteins and carbs in gluten-containing foods. Marshmallow root, ginger root and fennel seed powder are also included to help treat symptoms associated with gluten sensitivity.
• Women’s Daily— to promote healthy digestion while improving immune function and overall mood. Cranberry extract, biotin and vitamin D are also included to address ailments and deficiencies prevalent in adult women.
• Men’s Daily — to aid in the digestion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats while boosting the immune system. The addition of lactase, which is commonly deficient in adult men, helps to break down the sugar found in dairy products. Vitamin B6 and B12 are also included to promote overall well-being.
FR!SKA’s products are packaged in a cobalt blue glass bottle in a modern paperboard tube that is recyclable and biodegradable.
FR!SKA plans to launch at CVS Pharmacy, CVS.com and Whole Foods stores nationwide as well as Amazon,retailing at $29.99.