Chris Lane, executive vice president of Wakefern Food Corp./ShopRite, will serve as the new chairman of the NACDS board of directors, succeeding Mark Panzer, senior vice president of pharmacy, health and wellness with Albertsons Companies, who completed his term and will remain on the NACDS board of directors.
In addition, Richard Ashworth, president of operations, Walgreen Co., was elected NACDS vice chairman and Rick Keyes, president and chief executive officer, Meijer, Inc., was elected NACDS treasurer. Each officer will serve a one-year term.
Keyes was also newly elected to the NACDS executive committee.
“Chris Lane talks passionately about pharmacy. His admiration for the profession and for the industry began early in his life. This fuels his commitment to achieving important results that advance the industry, for the ultimate good of patients and consumers. NACDS chain and associate members, whose responsibilities involve the pharmacy and consumer goods alike, will appreciate Chris’ brand of leadership, and we look forward to his term as NACDS chairman of the board,” said NACDS president and CEO Steven Anderson.
Seven new board of birectors members were also elected:
• Lori Flees, SVP & DMM Health & Wellness, Sam’s Club (Walmart);
• Kirk Kaminsky, president, Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services, McKesson, representing Health Mart;
• Jocelyn Konrad, executive vice president of pharmacy and retail operations, Rite Aid Corp.;
• Colleen Lindholz, president, Kroger Health, Kroger Co.;
• Mark Peterson, chief executive officer, Genoa Healthcare;
• Sean Slovenski, senior vice president and president of health and wellness, Walmart;
• Debbie Weitzman, president, pharmaceutical distribution, Cardinal Health, representing Medicine Shoppe.
During the NACDS Annual Meeting, seven board of directors members were also re-elected to three-year terms:
• Randy Edeker, chairman, CEO and president, Hy-Vee;
• Mark Griffin, president and CEO, Lewis Drug;
• Rick Keyes, president and CEO, Meijer;
• Chris Lane, executive vice president of Wakefern Food Corp./Shoprite;
• Bob Narveson, president and CEO, Thrifty White Pharmacy;
• Martin Otto, chief operating officer, H-E-B;
• Mark Panzer, senior vice president of pharmacy, health and wellness, Albertsons Cos.
The NACDS board of directors develops NACDS’ policies and priorities.