Grocer has three other new supermarkets in the works
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — Stater Bros. Markets said Thursday that it plans to build a new store Whittier, Calif. The new outlet, which will be built from the ground up, will replace a former Stater Bros. store that was located at 11750 Whittier Blvd.
The company expects to break ground on the Whittier site in the summer of 2020 and anticipates a grand opening in the spring of 2021.
The new full service supermarket will measure 44,378 square feet in size and will feature full-service meat, seafood, service deli and bakery departments, according to the company, which said the store will also offer:
- An extensive selection of fresh, organic and healthy offerings including in-store cut fruit;
- Handcrafted sushi that is made in-house daily;
- Customer-friendly aisles;
- Many energy saving and environmentally friendly features and practices;
- A décor scheme that reflects the local community;
- Extraordinary value.
“Local residents will be pleased with the wide-variety of services and new product offerings we’re bringing to their community,” Stater Bros. CEO Pete Van Helden said in a statement. “This new supermarket demonstrates Stater Bros.’ commitment to continued growth and is a testament to our legacy of providing our loyal customers with the best shopping experience.”
The retailer said it also has plans for new stores in the communities of Ladera Ranch, Ontario Ranch and Calimesa.