LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix Super Markets recognized 12 leaders with the company’s President’s Award during a dinner celebration Tuesday night. The award was given to nine district managers, a recently promoted regional director and two support leaders who embody Publix’s founding philosophies. Recipients have proven their dedication to fairness; mentoring future leaders; and maintaining the dignity, value and employment security of their associates, according to the company.
The dinner celebration honored recipients of the award for 2020 and 2021.
The 2020 recipients are:
- Atlanta Division District Manager Tony Minor,
- Charlotte Division District Manager Luis Gonzalez,
- Jacksonville Division District Manager Keith Williams,
- Jacksonville Division Regional Director Trae O’Steen (previously Miami Division district manager),
- Lakeland Division District Manager John Kisgen, and
- Manager of Ethnic Business Development Mike Sibila.
The 2021 recipients are:
- Atlanta Division District Manager LaShawndra Johnson,
- Charlotte Division District Manager Theresa Chambless,
- Jacksonville Division District Manager Lisa Patton,
- Lakeland Division District Manager Chris McGough,
- Miami Division District Manager Brett Tessier, and
- Manager of Return Center Operations Mark Jordan.
“We are pleased to recognize these outstanding leaders for their contributions to our company,” Publix president Kevin Murphy said. “Through their work and dedication, they continue to help make Publix a great place to work.”