Retailer aims to make shopping more convenient
MINNEAPOLIS — Target Corp. has added new features to its same-day pickup and delivery services in a bid to make holiday shopping more convenient for its customers.
“Our guests love the convenience of our same-day services, and we’ve seen tremendous growth in these offerings over the past year, driven by continued investments in our amazing team members and our stores,” Target chief stores officer Mark Schindele said. “With even more flexibility in these options this holiday season, we’re ready to make our guests’ Target runs easier than ever.”
Target’s latest enhancements to its same-day services include:
- More Assigned Drive Up Spots: Target has added more than 18,000 assigned spaces for curbside pickup ahead of the busiest time of year.
- Shopping Partner: In case plans change, the new ‘Shopping Partner’ feature allows guests to send someone else, such as a friend or family member, to pick up their Drive Up or Order Pickup order through the Target app or on Target.com.
- Forgot Something: Guests can easily order more items after a Drive Up or Order Pickup order has been placed in the Target app and pick everything up at once.
- Backup Items: For added convenience, guests can designate a secondary, backup item option for food and beverage pickup on Target.com or in the Target app, excluding adult beverage items.
- Expanded Assortment and Personalized Store Selection for Same-Day Delivery with Shipt: Now with even more items available across Target’s curated assortment, including apparel and accessories for the whole family, premium Ulta Beauty products, electronics, toys and – new this year – adult beverage items, guests can access seamless delivery for everything on their list. Plus, with even more Target stores in the Shipt network and the ability to select what store their shopper shops at, guests have more options to personalize their delivery.
Target said it has also boosted staffing to support its Drive Up and Order Pickup services. The company has tripled the number of store fulfillment expert roles over the past two years, and all new store team members will be backup trained in same-day fulfillment, as well as in Target’s guest service standard to help every guest, no matter how they want to shop, feel welcomed and appreciated.
Target has also added more experts throughout its stores, with thousands of team members completing enhanced training within its shop-in-shop collaborations and in the beauty, tech, food and beverage departments to help shoppers find what they need this holiday season.
“We continue to hear from guests that they love the experience we provide – from the Drive Up lane to the register,” Schindele said. “As we prepare for the busy holiday season, guests can count on our team to deliver the incredible service and expertise they’ve come to expect, helping make sure they get everything they need to bring joy for the holidays.”